You probably often think that certain people in the music industry could mean a lot to advance your career. This can be the case, however those people are also very busy and don’t have time to read messages about unknown bands. Unsolicited and badly targeted emails are often considered as spam.
Joey sums up his advice in one great phrase: Don’t use a shotgun approach. Be a sniper.
The following 7 steps are a good guidelines to implement this approach:
- Find the right person.
- Send them a personal note.
- Keep it super short and to the point.
- Tell them who you are BRIEFLY, and why you chose to contact them.
- Tell them what you want.
- Provide links to only the most relevant information they need to fulfill your request.
- Then make it painless to do what you need.
You can read the whole post here.